WHY MEN LIKE TO SPIN
WHAT IS IT? Spinning is a cardio (aerobic) workout to music on a stationary exercise bicycle with a weighted wheel.
HOW LONG IS A CLASS? Classes can be between 40 and 60 minutes, although some beginner classes can be shorter (which are a fantastic intro to this class as it can be pretty intense the first few times).
WHAT TO WEAR? Comfortable work-out clothes OR padded bike shorts (saddle rash can happen) but skip anything baggy pants wise, and opt for flat-soled workout shoes.
WHY MEN LIKE IT It’s low impact, you don’t need rhythm, you can work to your own pace, and there are no complex moves.
5 TIPS FOR YOUR FIRST CLASS:
- Watch the instructor they will tell you how much resistance to add, how fast to pedal, how hard you should be working, and when to do stand, sit, sprint.
- Resist the temptation to “compete” with those around you. It will take a few weeks to build up your fitness
- Keep pedaling, don’t stop, just go slow to catch your breath if you get weary.
- Buy a gel seat cover if the place has them, they fit over the bike seat and make the whole experience much more comfy
- Bring Water- You will need it.
WHERE TO FIND IT: Find your nearest Spin class NOW, it’s waiting for you on the AirActive App
Find it. Book it. Work it.